The Ultimate Pumpkin Chai Ice Cream made with no eggs and no ice cream maker required! Makes the perfect seasonal or holiday dessert with easy ingredients and recipe.
Welcome to the pumpkin ice cream revolution. Pumpkin spice and everything nice plus the sweet flavors of a chai latte all rolled into an ice cream cone? Yes please! Oh, and it has fewer than 10 ingredients and is egg free with no ice cream maker required.
How to Make Pumpkin Chai Ice Cream
This recipe starts out with a base of condensed milk and whipped cream. First, warm some of the whipped cream in the microwave or a double boiler. Just before it reaches a simmer, add a bag of chai tea.
Whipped cream will lose a little bit of the structural integrity when warmed. This is why we are only warming up a quarter cup of it. That lets us infuse the tea to get the delicious flavors, but we keep the protein structure of the whipped cream for the majority of the cream.
After your tea has infused for a few hours and chilled in the fridge, whip up all the cream in a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer. You want stiff peaks to form.
In a second bowl, combine the pumpkin, condensed milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and pinch of salt.
Next, gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture. The whipped cream is what gives this ice cream structure without churning in an ice cream maker so it is VITAL that you are gentle when incorporating the whipped cream into the pumpkin.
After combined, place your ice cream into an airtight container and let rest in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours, and preferably overnight.
Want more autumnal recipes? Check out:
Did you make this recipe?
Pumpkini Chai Ice Cream (egg free + no churn)
- 14 oz sweet condenced milk one can
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling!
- 1 bag chai tea
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle extra cinnamon and salt
- In a double boiler or in a microwave safe container, heat 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and place chai tea bag in milk. Let infuse for one hour, placing in the fridge to chill.
- While chai is infusing, place a bowl and beaters in the freezer to get chilled.
- In a large bowl or your stand mixer, place the infused whipping cream with the remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the consensed milk with pumpkin, vanilla extract, extra cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Place ice cream into air tight container and let chill for 6 hours minimum or overnight. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Chai Ice Cream (egg free + no churn!)