A gluten free vegan pancake recipe for the fluffiest and most delicious pancakes ever! Easy to make and top 8 allergy free.
These are the fluffiest gluten free and vegan pancakes out there! Not to mention the tastiest. So good and free from the top 8 allergens, everyone will love these pancakes for breakfast or brunch or even dinner! Delicious pancakes every time!
How to Make Pancakes
This is so easy! Begin by mixing all your wet ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Melt the butter, add the milk and egg and give it a good stir. Add the splash of vanilla and the sugar. Set aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add your flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in your wet mixture until everything is well combined. This batter will be thick! If you like your pancakes a little thinner, you can add a few more tablespoons of milk. The thicker the batter the fluffier the final pancake!
Pour batter onto a hot griddle or skillet pan. I like large pancakes so I use about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Gently spread the batter out so it is an even circle. Let cook on the first side until the bubbles pop in the center, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and let cook for another 3 minutes.
Keep pancakes warm on a plate under a towel or in a 200F oven. Serve hot with butter and syrup!
Allergy Variations for Pancakes
Dairy Substitutions: For the butter, I suggest your favorite non-dairy butter. Mine is Earth Balance with no added soy. This melts wonderfully and has a great taste! For the milk, use your favorite non-dairy milk. Soy, rice, and oat all work fantastic in this recipe!
Egg Substitutions: There are a few different eggs you can try in this recipe! First is a flax or chia seed egg. Mix 1 tablespoon of flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of hot water. Stir and let rest for 5 minutes before adding to the batter. You can also whip 1/4 cup aquafaba until it gets fluffy and fold into the pancake batter.
Want more Breakfast Ideas?
Pancakes are maybe the most versatile breakfast food. They can transform with the seasons and with the holidays! Here are some ideas to keep your pancake game strong all year long!
Chocolate – Add 1 teaspoon cocoa powder to the pancake batter.
Chocolate Chip – Mix in a few handfuls of chocolate chips. Mini chips work better than large ones!
Fruit – Banana, blueberry, raspberry, apple, pumpkin and more can be mixed right into the batter! Aim for about 1/2 cup of total fruit added. (Add only about 1/4 cup of pumpkin.)
Mocha – Add 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder. Good morning!
Did you make this recipe?
Easy Gluten Free + Vegan Pancakes
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg of choice (see notes)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter, melted
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- splash vanilla extract
- sprinkle salt
- In a small bowl, combine your wet ingredients of melted butter, milk, egg, vanilla, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together your gluten free flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly pour in your wet ingredients and mix well. This will be a thick batter! Set aside for 5 minutes while your pan heats up.
- On a griddle or in a skillet on the stove, heat pan to medium heat.
- Spray with a little oil and place about 1/4 cup of pancake batter for each pancake. Gently press with the back of the spoon to desired circle shape. Let cook until bubbles form and pop, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and let cook another 3 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown.
- Keep warm on a plate covered with a towel or in the oven set to 200F. Serve warm and enjoy!
Make all your favorites recipes again with this guide to swapping out food allergies. Includes over 55 different ideas!