What’s better than a peach pie? A peach galette! So easy to make and no fuss involved, this peach galette is gluten free, vegan, and top 8 allergy friendly! You will love this summertime dessert.
Peaches are some of my favorite summertime fruits because of how versatile they are. Enjoy them in a pie, fresh off the tree, in a peach cobbler, or in this peach galette!
If you’ve never heard of a galette before, it’s a fancy French term for a specific type of pastry, but you can think of it like a last-minute pie.
Start with my easy to make and allergy friendly pie crust, add the peach filing, and just wrap it up like a little peach bundle! No fussing with a pie pan or tart pan required. Easy peasy is how I like my summer desserts to be!
How to Make a Peach Galette
Start with my simple allergy friendly pie crust. To make it even simpler, make sure to make it in your food processor. Place the dough onto a parchment paper and top with another piece of parchment. Gently roll the pie crust into approximately a 12×12 shape. Don’t worry about being perfect here, the more rustic looking the better!
Pop the pie crust into the fridge as you make the filling.
To make the filling, start with your peaches. I used about 3 large peaches for this recipe, and I pitted and peeled them. You can leave the skin on if you prefer! (And if you totally are short on time or peaches, 2 cans of peaches work in a pinch!)
Mix the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, tapioca, ginger, and salt into the peaches. Make sure to really mix well to dissolve the tapioca starch!
If you don’t have tapioca starch, I suggest arrowroot powder. Cornstarch tends to stay clumpy no matter how much I mix it.
Peel off the top layer of parchment and place your filling on the crust. Gently fold over the edges until the peaches are all bundled up and ready for the oven.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
When removed from the oven and cooled, brush with some apricot jelly to give it a glossy finish!
Want more easy dessert recipes? Check these out!
Allergy Variations for Peach Galette
This recipe is already really allergy friendly!
If not allergic to eggs, you can use an egg wash on the pie crust dough before baking.
Peach Galette Tips
What kind of peaches should I use? Yellow or white peaches both taste great in this dish! As I said, you can even use canned peaches and still get an amazingly yummy dessert.
Can I make this ahead of time? Yep! Just keep it in the fridge until ready to use. I would bake it no more than 2 days in advance and would not recommend freezing this recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
Easy Peach Galette (gluten free + vegan)
- 1 pie crust recipe
- 3 fresh peaches, chopped or sliced see note for more info!
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Egg Wash OR Apricot Jelly (optional)
- Prepare your pie crust according to directions. Place it onto a parchment lined baking sheet and roll out to a 12-inch circle. It doesn't have to be perfect, just approx that size. Set in fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Prepare your peaches. You can peel them or not, it is up to you! Chop them or make into thin slices. Set into a medium mixing bowl when done.
- To your peaches add the sugar, lemon juice, tapioca starch, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix well.
- Place your peach filling in the middle of the pie crust. Gently fold over the edges of the galette so that your peaches are wrapped up. The more rustic looking the better! If your crust breaks, just press it back together again.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. If desired, you can brush apricot jelly on when cooled to give your galette the perfect glaze. Enjoy!