List of allergy friendly snacks that I love! Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, top 8 free ideas. Baking, snacking, road trips and more inside!
No matter if it’s back to school time, packing for a camping trip, or just a craving in the afternoon, we all need snacks. But when you are living with allergies, it can sometimes be frustrating to not have as many grab-and-go options at the grocery store.
That’s where this list comes in handy!
These brands are dedicated allergy friendly companies that make snacks that are just as tasty and nutritious as can be!
This allergy free snack list has everything from baking mixes, trail mixes, sweet, salty, and even some candies.
Note: Always read the labels and manufacturing processes before you eat any of these snacks! This list is accurate at the time of writing and any updates I make. Companies change ingredients all the time so always double check to be safe.
Allergy Free means different things to different people. For me, this list was based on if the snacks do not contain most of the top allergens in the ingredients. As allergies are different for each person, I can’t personalize this list for everyone. However! This can be a great starting point for people with allergies to find new companies as they are always developing new products!
Bonus note! If you have a favorite snack that is free from common food allergies, leave a comment down below and I'll add it to the list!
Allergy Free Baking Mixes
King Arthur Gluten Free
- Flavors - Cookie Mix, Bread Mix, Pizza Dough Mix, Cake Mixes
- Personal favorite - Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- Free from: Different products have different allergens, however many gluten free and nut free products. Free from top 14 allergens available
There are so many flavors and varieties of things to make with King Arthur mixes! They have been my go-to mixes for years. I love the variety and the ease of which to bake them. The gluten free vanilla cake mix in particular is a favorite and I’ve used it as a base for birthday cakes and cake pops for years!
- Flavors - Cake Mixes, Brownie Mixes, Pancake Mix, Graham Crackers, Cookies, Gluten free Flour
- Free from - Wheat/gluten on all products
- Allergens - Some products contain dairy, eggs, soy, corn, peanuts, tree nuts, and potato. See each package for details.
- Personal favorite - Vanilla cake mix
Look no further for some of the best dedicated gluten free products around! I love so many of Pamela’s Products, including the vanilla cake mix, graham crackers, and the flour blend for baking. What is cool is they have a dedicated allergen chart on their site so you can add your allergies and it will show you what products are safe.
Kate’s Safe and Sweet
- Flavors - Vanilla cake mix, Chocolate cake mix, Frosting mixes, Brownie mix, Flour blend
- Personal favorite - Chocolate Cake Mix
- Free from: Top 9 allergens
- Allergens - Corn in some products
If you need a top 9 allergy free cake mix, this is it. Filled with good ingredients and made in a dedicated safe facility, these cake mixes and frosting mixes are fantastic. What’s awesome is that Kate has a ton of recipes on her site on how to make different things with the cake mixes as a base ingredient. You can make so much more than cake with these. Chocolate is my personal favorite.
Bob’s Red Mill Mixes
- Flavors - Tons of gluten free and nut free options including pizza dough, cake mixes, brownies, breads, cookies, and more!
- Free from- Different products have different allergens, however many gluten free and nut free products. Free from top 14 allergens available
- Allergens - Different products will have different allergies so make sure to read each label before enjoying.
- Personal favorite - Gluten free pizza crust
Bob’s is kinda a special company in that they really do it all. From basic flours, gluten-free flours, and easy mixes, this company really takes pride in offering a wide variety to people for different allergies. I love how many gluten free options they have. And, a lot of those gluten free options are nut free! Which can be difficult to come by. You really can’t go wrong with this brand.
Enjoy Life Chocolate Bars
- Flavors - Ricemilk, Ricemilk Crunch, Dark Chocolate
- Free from - Dedicated top 9 free company and free from many more allergies
- Allergens - None of the major allergies
- Personal favorite - The rice milk crunch are so good!
Made with rice milk, these chocolate bars are free of the top 8 allergens. They are hands down one of my favorite chocolate bars. Unbelievably smooth and creamy, but without dairy! I love how they also make small candies for the different holidays. Grab a few extra bags!
Enjoy Life SunSeed Balls
- Flavors - Original, Dipped Banana, Mint Chocolate, Dark Raspberry
- Free from- Dedicated top 9 free company
- Allergens - Sunflower
- Personal favorite - Dark Raspberry
Combining chocolate with sunflower seed butter, and chopped sunflower seeds, these tiny truffle-like energy balls are delicious! I love that they have a great protein to fat ratio so that this snack fills me up.
- Flavors - Sun butter cups, Dark chocolate sun butter cups, Mint cups, Baking chips, and minis
- Free from - Top 12 allergens
- Allergens - Sunflower in sun butter cups
- Personal favorite - Mini Dark Chocolate Sun Butter Cups
Do you have a favorite candy? For me, this is it. I LOVE the dark chocolate sun butter cups. These chocolates are non-GMO, gluten free, vegan, nut free, and kosher parve. The entire line is free from the top 12 allergens! This company is dedicated to making delicious sweets that everyone can love. And I just happen to love them.
- Flavors - Gummies, hard candy, lillipops, licorice, chocolate, sour candies, and more
- Free from - Top 9 free
- Allergens - Some candies may include sunflower or paprika. Be sure to read each label carefully.
YumEarth is a dedicated allergy free company making sweets free from the top 9 allergens. They have such a huge range of sweets to enjoy that it is hard to pick a favorite! I love how they make flavors for everyone. These would be perfect for adding to homemade trail mixes or packing in a lunch box.
- Flavors - Gummies, Jelly Beans, Sugar Sanded, and more
- Free from - Top 8 free
- Allergens - Coconut in some flavors
Another amazing company that makes dedicated allergy free candy! Surf Sweets are top 8 free, as well as free from artificial dyes, gluten free, vegan, and kosher parve. Plus, they are high fructose corn syrup free! Be careful! Some of these candies do contain coconut.
Made Good Granola Bars
- Flavors - Granola bars - Birthday cake, Vanilla, Cookie Crumble, Cookie & Cream
- Free from - Nuts, gluten, dairy, eggs, wheat
- Allergens - Contains nightshades, possible coconut
Looking for a healthy snack that sneaks in some hidden veggies? This is your snack! Made with dedicated gluten free oats, these granola bars are free from a lot of the common allergens. All their snacks are gluten free and vegan and are safe for schools. What makes them unique is how they add in veggies like spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms!
88 Acres Granola
- Flavors - Apple Crisp, Triple Berry, Double Dark Chocolate, Cinnamon Maple, Blueberry Lemon, Dark Chocolate Sea Salt
- Free from - wheat/gluten, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, sesame, latex
- Allergens - sunflower
These bars are based on seeds and not nuts! They are a fantastic company that produces its snack bars in a dedicated bakery free from peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, and sesame. I love that they use sustainable palm oil and are non-GMO. What makes this bakery above and beyond is that they use latex free gloves in their bakery. That makes it safe from latex dust!
Blake’s Seed Based Crispy Treats
- Flavors - Original, Birthday Cake, Chocolate, Strawberry, Pumpkin Spice
- Free from - Top 9 free
- Allergens - Sunflower, chickpeas
Made with seeds and not nuts, these crispy treats are healthy and delicious! Top 9 allergen free and with less sugar than other crispy treat companies. I love that they are made in a dedicated allergy free facility, with a focus on being as nut free as possible. The different flavors have slightly different ingredients, so make sure you double check before purchasing that it is safe for you!
Blake’s Seed Based Snack Bars
- Flavors - S’mores, Raspberry, Blueberry Lemon
- Free from - peanut, tree nut, milk, egg, wheat, soy, sesame
- Allergens - sunflower
Based with pumpkin, sunflower, and flax seeds, these snack bars are full of healthy protein and fats! They are vegan and top 9 allergy friendly. I love that they are made in a dedicated allergy free facility, with a focus on being as nut free as possible. They are dedicated to making safe snacks by only sourcing ingredients that are also made in allergy free facilities.
Frozen & Ice Cream Based Snacks
Dee Bee's Organic
- Flavors - Strawberry lemon, Blueberry pomegranate, Mango orange, Pineapple coconut, Raspberry lime, Peach passionfruit
- Free From - top 9 allergy friendly!
- Allergens - some flavors have coconut
Organic superfruit popsicles and freezies! These are organic, non-GMO frozen treats like you had as a kid, only this time a lot healthier! They are vegan, kosher, and always gluten free. I love that they are free from all dyes and artificial flavors. Plus, they are shelf stable so they can be stored easily until you freeze them and enjoy!
There are tons of dried fruits on the market, but a word of caution for those with sulfa/sulfite allergies! Many times dried fruits contain sulfa/sulfites to help preserve them. If you are purchasing dried fruits make sure you choose ones without the sulfa.
Annie’s Fruit Snacks
- Flavors - Berry Patch, Tropical Treat, Summer Strawberry, Organic Fruit Farm, Organic Bees Bugs and Butterflies
- Free From - Top 8 free
- Allergens - Sunflower
- Personal Favorite - Berry Patch
Who doesn't love fruit snacks? I love these, especially the berry flavor. They are vegan and gluten free, made without any of the top 8 allergens. I also love that they don’t use any artificial dyes, flavorings, or ingredients in these snacks. Plus, there is no gelatin in these snacks! That makes them safe for different religions as well as being fish/shellfish free!
- Flavors - Fruit, Fruit + Veggies, Yogurts, Overnight Oats
- Free From - All applesauce products are free from the top 8 allergens. The applesauce is also made in a dedicated top 8 free facility, making the applesauce a safe choice.
- Allergens - None in applesauce, see details of other snacks for possible allergens
Available most everywhere, these fruit squeeze pouches are a perfect grab-and-go snack! They have a ton of different flavors so you can pick one that your family will really enjoy. I also really like how they use less plastic in their packaging. This one was chosen because of how they are all over the USA and easy to find.
Salty + Crunchy Snacks
Skinny Pop Popcorn
- Flavors - Sea Salt, White Cheddar, Aged Cheddar, Real Butter, Twist of Lime, Sweet & Salty Kettle, Sweet Vanilla Kettle
- Free from - Top 9 allergens
- Allergens - Sunflower, dairy on Aged White Cheddar popcorn
- Personal Favorite - White Cheddar
This is my go-to for popcorn! I love that they are certified gluten free, as well as free from peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, and eggs. Some of their flavors contain dairy. Bonus, they are certified kosher!
Enjoy Life Seed & Fruit Mix
- Flavors - Mountain Mambo, Beach Mix
- Free from - Top 8 free
- Allergens - Sunflower
- Personal Favorite - Mountain Mambo
Made with dried fruit, seeds, and mini chocolate chips, this trail mix is perfect for those with nut allergies. As with all Enjoy Life products, it is made in a facility free of the top 8 allergens and a few more. If you are dealing with several food allergies this is a company you need to have bookmarked.
Enjoy Life Lentil Chips
- Flavors - BBQ, Salt & Vinegar, Dairy free Cheddar, Dill & Sour Cream, Garlic & Parmesan, Sea Salt
- Free from - Top 14 free
- Allergens - Lentils, sunflower, paprika
- Personal favorite - Dill and Sour Cream
I don’t know how they do it, but these chips are magic. A perfectly poppable treat that is free from the top 14 allergens, plus a few more! If you haven’t tried these yet, you are missing out. They are perfect for road trips or packing in lunch boxes.
- Flavors - Pretzel Sticks, Pretzel Twists, Yogurt Covered Pretzels, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Honey Mustard
- Free from - Top 8 free on plain pretzel sticks and pretzel twists
- Allergens - Corn, potato, pea protein. Fudge and Yogurt contain soy and dairy. Honey Mustard contains mustard
- Personal favorite - I love the pretzel twists and the chocolate covered pretzels for a treat!
I adore these pretzels. They are such a good dupe for wheat filled pretzels that even my gluten-eating family and friends have found them to be yummy! I love to take the chocolate covered ones to the movie theater to enjoy a safe snack.
Safe + Fair granola
- Flavors - So many! Birthday Cake, Vanilla Latte, Apple Pie some stand out flavors!
- Free from - All products top 9 free
- Allergens - Corn, sunflower
I used the birthday cake for this review, but all the flavors are delicious! This company makes a ton of top 9 free snacks, but the birthday cake granola is their true best seller. Free from GMOs, vegan, plant based, these snacks are even made in a dedicated top 9 free facility! Plus, each purchase donates to the Allergy and Asthma Research Center at Stanford University. I love that a company is so dedicated to making the lives of people with allergies better!
Sun Butter Pouches
- Flavors - Natural Sun Butter, Creamy, Crunchy, Chocolate, Organic, No Sugar
- Free from - Top 9 free company
- Allergens - Sunflower
- Personal Favorite - SunButter Pouches, Chocolate SunButter
Super delicious sun butter made with pure sunflower seeds! This top 9 free company makes my personal favorite brand of nut-butter alternatives. All the products are free from the top 9 allergens and the facility for manufacturing is also top 9 safe. These pouches are safe to use in peanut free schools. Plus, all the varieties are vegan and certified Kosher! I use them in all my peanut free recipes and always have a few jars in my pantry.
Note: Ingredients change all the time and that is why it is so important for you to always read food labels and the ingredient list before enjoying any of these products. It is required by law to list the common allergens on food products but you should always read the full label. If in doubt, don't eat it!
If you try these out, please leave a comment below! This provides helpful feedback to both me and other readers. And if you want more delicious, dietary friendly recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Leave a Reply